RYA Youth Seamanship & Spinnakers (5 Days)
Sailing skills to the standard of the Level 2 or Youth Stage 4 course, or higher
Seamanship will cover: Launching and recovering the boat in different circumstances, stopping, reducing sail, recovering a man overboard, anchoring
The Sailing with Spinnakers part of the course will cover the following areas:
- Rigging including spinnaker and trapeze if fitted.
- Launching boat that have open transoms and racks.
- Sailing techniques and manoeuvres appropriate to spinnaker boats.
- Capsize recovery in relation to deployed spinnakers.
- Racing courses and techniques for spinnakers.
- The theory of apparent wind sailing.
- How hull shape affects performance.
- Rig set up sources.
It is assumed that when starting on this course you have already mastered the practical skills and absorbed the background knowledge required
Please read the joining instructions and bring a completed medical form to be allowed on the water
This event has sold out, however you may still place bookings to be added to the waiting list. You will not be charged for your booking unless a space becomes available.
Last updated 8:22pm on 1 July 2020