The Club maintains various boats for use by Members. These include:
- 6 RS Q'Bas
- 6 RS Fevas
- 4 RS Visions
- 5 Optimists
- 4 Toppers
- 6 Fireflies
- Laser (with full, Radial and 4.7 rig)
- 1 Laser Stratos (Keel version)
Hiring Club Boats
Club boats are all available for hire by all eligible members. This service is provided to enable members without boats access to the lake, and to allow those with their own boats to try different classes. All boats are kept by the race hut and are available for use at any time.The fee per session for use of the Club boats is low in order to encourage participation. A session is any period of continuous use but may not exceed a morning, afternoon or evening. Please see the hire folder for the current hiring rates.
Boats may normally only be booked on the day of the visit to the club on a first come, first served basis. Boats may be pre-booked for special events (e.g. Open Meetings, Team Racing) after consultation with the Rear Commodore Sailing, Club Boatswain or Club Administrator. Payment must always be made at the time of booking.
To book a boat please follow these steps:
- Locate club boat hiring folder (in main clubhouse under noticeboard or on the bar).
- Ensure boat desired is available.
- Fill in details in club boat hiring folder (it is essential that a club member has responsibility for the boats at any given time).
- Copy details onto one of the small envelopes provided.
- Place fee into envelope and seal.
- Post envelope through letterbox to the left of the office door.
- Rig and use boat.
Please note that there are some restrictions on the use of some of these boats:
- The Laser Stratos are intended primarily for use by the Training Centre which retains priority of all boats regardless of any prior booking.
- The matched Fireflies may only be used during organised training sessions and club events (unless permission is granted by the Rear Commodore Sailing, Club Boatswain or Club Administrator).
Whilst using the boats please treat with due care as they are very heavily used by both the Spinnaker Club Training Centre and members. If any damage occurs or is found during a session please ensure it is reported in the book or to the office.
Last updated 10:55 on 17 January 2020