Published 11:34 on 6 Nov 2020
This is taken from the RYA website and is a clear confirmation that Spinnaker Club remain closed at present. This not a decision that we have taken lightly and which we will review as more information is obtained.
Spinnaker Club apologises for the disappointment and inconvenience caused, but we have no choice in the matter.
" The RYA's current understanding of the situation (subject to any local restrictions) is as follows:
- Recreational boating from a public outdoor space for single households and support bubbles or with one other person (with social distancing) is currently permitted
- Public waterways and beaches will remain open during the lockdown
- Outdoor sports centres and amenities (which includes sailing clubs and watersports centres) will have to close
- Members may be able to access boats for essential checks and maintenance, however, this will need to be agreed with their club/marina/harbour authority, with individuals taking personal responsibility for meeting Government guidance
- University sport will not be taking place
- School sport will be happening but only as part of organised school activity
- Some charities may be able to continue aspects of their work
- There are continuing exemptions for elite athletes for them to train or compete, so the British Sailing Team programme can continue
- No overnight stays are allowed on boats except for residential berth holders (where the boat is their Primary Residence) or for business purposes"
Last updated 10:06 on 24 February 2021